Sunday, February 10, 2013

Picket Fence - Pinot Noir


Name: Picket Fence Pinot Noir
Vintage: 2011
Region: Russian River Valley, California
Price: $19
Tasting Notes: This wine has an elegant, pure fruit forward style with the brilliant intensity of rich mouthwatering Bing cherry, blackberry and spice. The luxurious density, beautiful structure and velvety texture on the palate are hallmarks of this vintage and make this wine a superlative example of Russian River Valley Pinot Noir.” – Alison Crowe, Winemaker
My Review: I am starting to get into the typical taste of Pinot Noir and this one was decent on my palate.  What I didn’t like about the wine was that it was a little bit dry and I could taste some spices that I was not fond of.  However, it was very rich and did actually have a velvety texture.  I am still in the process of learning how to pinpoint the flavors I am tasting, so it was a little hard to differentiate between fruits in this wine, but I did get a few hints of berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment