Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Background of Wine


             Well to start off, I have never created a blog before and have never actually participated in a real wine tasting, so this class will be a new experience for me.  I don’t have too much experience with wine thus far, but I do enjoy drinking wine.  So I hope this class can broaden my education and taste for wine.  I have been drinking wine for a few years on occasion – usually with my parents, however, their tastes are significantly different than me so I tend to not like their choices.  So I decided to try some lighter, fruitier white wines – which I liked a lot more.
        I would consider myself to still be in the white wine category because I still prefer the crisper, sweeter tastes.  Throughout this semester in class, I hope that I can discover what red wines I might like.  And once I find one that I do, then hopefully I can branch off and develop a taste for several other red wines.  I already I have a red wine at home to try – a Pinot Noir that got a really good rating – so hopefully I will like it.
        From this class I would like to know more about the wine production process along with what flavors and tastes come from what type of grape – I think this would help me choose some new wines to try that I might like.  Also, I think it would be interesting to know what regions make good wines and why.  And as someone mentioned in class, I think a lot of us would like to learn about local wineries and others in Virginia.  I am really looking forward to this class and hope to get a lot out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment