Friday, February 1, 2013

Tasting - Mars and Venus Chardonnay


Name: Mars and Venus Chardonnay 
Vintage: 2011
Region: Spain
Price: $5.95
Tasting Notes: “A very nice value Chardonnay that comfortably over-delivers vs. its modest price tag. No oak here, just bushels of clean, crisp, Chardonnay apple and stone fruit with a hint of caramelized pineapple. Juicy and clean, this is a mid-weight white that’s just perfect for parties or weeknight sipping.”
My Review: Of the 5 wines I tasted at the Vintage Cellar, this was by far my favorite – I am definitely a Chardonnay fan.  The main scent I pulled out from the initial sniff was actually vanilla, and the smell was great!  Compared to the other white wine at the tasting (La Cappuccina Soave), this one was much sweeter.  It was also smooth, fruity, and not too strong on the alcohol side.  Overall, very enjoyable – at this price, I would probably buy this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment