Friday, February 1, 2013

Tasting - Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau




Name: Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau 
Vintage: 2012
Region: France
Price: $3.95
Tasting Notes: “Bright and tangy, offering a classic banana note on the nose, with flavors of raspberry, wild strawberry and light spice. Modest finish.”
My Review: This wine was made from Gamay grapes – which I had never tasted or heard of.  And I can’t say that I would try it again (at least this specific wine).  When I saw that the description said it had a banana smell, I really didn’t think that I would get that flavor.  But believe it or not, I got a lot of banana!  The smell was also sweet and smooth and I was very excited to try it.  However, even though the taste had hints of banana and berries (which sounds like something I would enjoy), I really did not like it.  It also had a weird tangy aftertaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment